Operation of the 桃花社区视频 Public 桃花社区视频 Child Nutrition program is administered through the United States Department of Agriculture, the Mississippi Department of Education and the 桃花社区视频 School Board. Comprehensive regulations must be followed in order for the school district to be eligible for federal funding. 桃花社区视频 receives millions of dollars each year to operate Child Nutrition. It is our goal to serve well-balanced, nutritious meals to all 桃花社区视频s, faculty and staff members.
Child Nutrition Facts
- 桃花社区视频 Child Nutrition employs over 245 employees in 47 facilities, including 8 satellite facilities. Staff members include an Executive Director, three Area Supervisors, a Supper Supervisor, a Warehouse Supervisor, and 40 on-site managers.
- 47 school sites participate in the National School Breakfast Program and National School Lunch Program.
- Over 14,000 桃花社区视频s eat school lunch each day.
- Over 8,000 桃花社区视频s eat school breakfast each day.
- 38 schools offer supper in the CACFP Supper Program.
- Approximately 2 million breakfasts and 4.5 million lunches are served during the school year in 桃花社区视频.
- Every 桃花社区视频 cafeteria operates a computerized point-of-service system to send daily data to the Finance Office.
- A Child Nutrition Warehouse supports the schools' daily food production.
- A state competitive food sales rule ensures that children are not in the position of having to decide between non-nutritious and nutritious foods before or during the meal service period.
- As a means of reducing plate waste, the "offer vs. serve" feature is employed to allow 桃花社区视频s to choose less than all of the food items in the meal pattern.
- 桃花社区视频 schools follow the USDA comprehensive meal pattern for breakfast, lunch, and snacks in order to be eligible for federal reimbursement.
- All school menus are created centrally and analyzed to meet the established USDA requirements and dietary guidelines.
Federally Funded Programs Operated by Child Nutrition
- National School Breakfast Program
- National School Lunch Program
- Breakfast in the Classroom
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program
- Summer Food Service Program
- CACFP Supper Program
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.